Tuesday 31 March 2009

Self Portrait


Self Portrait, originally uploaded by Venn Diagram.

Well, here I am - trying out a bit of over-the-top portraiture on myself. I was wondering how well I could control two different colours and it turns out to be less difficult than I thought. One flash to the left, on my face through a home-made snoot, one behind me painting the wall (which is cream in reality). This took an age to get the red light in the right place, the number of nearlynearlynearly shots I took is quite staggering, but I got there eventually. I would have liked a little more sharpness on the eye, and there's a fairly bad piece of cloning in there somewhere, but I think it's OK for starters.

I'm thinking I need some drinking straws, then I can give my snoot a honeycomb. Not sure whether that'll make a huge difference, but I'm enjoying the make-and-do approach and think it's worth a pop.

Strobist: 430EXII camera left with a red gel, 360AFD behind, pointed at the wall with a green flash. Both set to 1/16th if memory serves...

No comments:

Post a Comment