Saturday 21 March 2009


Remember that I said two flashes would be peachy? Well, my second CTR-301 receiver arrived yesterday, so I scoured the high street this afternoon. You know what? There's not much choice, and if I wasn't so impatient, I should have gone to the 'net, but hey.

Eventually, I settled on a Jessops own brand, 36 guide no. flash that will allow manual setting down to 1/16th. Cut the next few hours out, home I come and decide to have a play - here you can see a photo of the Romanesco my fantastic wife picked up last week as "something I might like to shoot". Nice.

The shot here is the 360AFD behind left through a snoot (at 1/16th) and the 430EXII to camera left around 90 degrees, shooting at 1/16th through a green gel. I picked up the gels at a DJ/lighting shop in town, cost £2 for a red, amber, green and blue set - the sort of thing you see in the front of disco lights, add a spot of blu-tak and there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment