Sunday 24 May 2009

Self-portrait IV - Serious Face

So, my Honl flash modifier toys arrived the other day - snoots, grids and some gels.

After seeing the posters for the new series of House, I wanted to see if I could figure out how the shot of Hugh Laurie had been taken - this is NOT like the poster, but I think I can see the start of where the differences lie - the essential ingredients, controlled light above the centre of the subject's face is there, it's just the effect on the cheekbones that needs fixing, and the high light on the forehead.

May have another shot sometime - not today though...

Strobist: 430EXII with a Honl 1/4" grid attached, above the camera, about 3' away and set to 1/8th. Small Lastolite silver reflector just out of shot under my chin - think the silver has reflected off the underside a bit much. A small amount of temperature reduction and messing with saturation to try and get a cross-processed look in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment