Sunday 10 May 2009

Gonna leave old Durham town...

SIngle shot from my trip to Durham last week. I've thought this would make an interesting image for a bit, but never been over that way.

Had an idea of taking lots of photos. Unfortunately, discovered that a chance slight knock of my camera bag had smashed the skylight on my Sigma 10-20mm lens. Ouch.

Luckily seems like no damage to the lens, visited the local Jessops for a blast of canned air and a new 77mm skylight. Now £35 the poorer and only ended up with one shot. However, could be worse, at least the lens was OK. :-)

Wouldn't care, but the skylight that was in was a Sigma DG ultra-thin glass - cost something silly when I bought the lens, more than the £35 Jessops replacement. Teach me to go sticking expensive glassware on the front of my lens just to try and cut down vignetting...

No comments:

Post a Comment