Tuesday 21 April 2009

Linhope Spout Top


Linhope Spout Top , originally uploaded by Venn Diagram.

A landscape shot today, and back to HDR, courtesy of Photomatix.

After the chaos of tramping stands, lights, brollies and the rest around for the self-portraits, it was nice to relax with just a camera bag and a tripod.

I think that the messing around with flash is having an impact on my other photography, and in a good way too. I find myself thinking about light in shots a lot more than previously, and I'm more aware of angles when I set up shop. For example, in this shot, I moved around to the right and lengthened the legs on the 'pod, so that I could get clearance over the boulder at bottom left to see the stream futher up to the next cascade.

The shot is an HDR, processed in Photomatix from five original RAW shots at -2/-1/0/+1/+2 EV. I've consciously tried to hold back the "HDR-ness" of the shot, and I think it's pretty much worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment