Friday 10 April 2009

If you go down to the woods today...


Self Portrait III, originally uploaded by Venn Diagram.

It's me! Again!

I decided it was time to get out of the house with my lights, and try a bit of shooting "on location". Luckily, I live only a few miles from beautiful woodland, so I headed there hoping to make it before the rain broke.

The nightmare of focusing correctly when you're both in the picture and behind the camera reared it's head again. I picked up a wireless shutter release from Hanhnel for £60; it works pretty well, but you still can't tell if it's focussing at the right thing unless you go back and look at it. Then, turn of the AF and try to stand EXACTLY where you were before.

It hasn't put me off, if anything, I want to get back out there tomorrow - the CTR-301 remotes were playing up a bit at the end - I have a very nice shot of a rock lit (if I say so myself) pretty well, but WITHOUT ME ON IT. The shot was to see if the lighting worked, then, when I got back in position, the flashes didn't want to play. Still, it means I get to go back and have another play...

Strobist: 430EXII to camera left, through a white brolly at 1/4. 360AFD behind left and above, at 1/4 too, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment